Popular Posts

Monday, July 06, 2015

Anime Paradise kiss パラダイス・キス

Paradise kiss パラダイス・キス [12 episodes + live-action movie] → I was in for a romance anime and I found this great work which I'm quite impressed with! The anime art is really unique and it's very different from the usual animes that I've watched. It also reminds me of my little interest in fashion design that I wanna enrol into the course many years ago but I didn't do so cos I know I don't have a flair for it. haha. But I didn't regret on my decision though, cos I know I wasn't the creative type of person to survive in such an industry. (^_^;) Well anyway, this anime is much of a mature-theme and really realistic about life. And so reading comments at the start of the few episodes about it having a bad ending didn't deter me from continuing since I believe I should look at it myself to understand why and enjoy the whole story too. 


My most favourite male character is George, although he's such a badass. But I love those eyes of his. xD


I wonder the same too, but human relationships are complicated sometimes. -_-


Yeah, cats are everywhere nowadays. lol.


The beautiful ring that matches the dress they made!


but there's a smaller version that George made for Yukari.


But look!! This is the real version [in the movie]. Really pretty~!! ^.^



I love how I can learn something from an anime. There are things that they mentioned which makes me think about it. And also, 自分の可能性を信じなきゃ、何も始まらないさ。which means Nothing happens if you don't believe in yourself. That is actually said by George. lol.


The dress is quite beautiful in the anime version than in the movie, probably cos of all the flowers. This was a touching scene when I saw them hugging together, although in the end they didn't win the grand prize. I thought this was quite reasonable since they were rushing badly to dye the colours of the flowers somehow I don't think it might be the best work they can produce. lol. But hey, second prize is also good enough!

If that is what the writer wants things to be... >_<


I didn't think the anime is that bad, although I think I don't like it now since after I've watched the movie version, I think in terms of the characters and the ending it's really much better. But the way that George is doing, makes me feel he's quite an asshole although I can't hate him at all. (>ω<)

Their relationship is unhealthy in the first place since he's been making Yukari cried quite a few times and he's such a playboy and being so unconcern towards Yukari at some point, in which I don't quite get his thoughts. Yet in the end, he did ask Yukari to join him to Paris and even left the whole dresses collection he made for Yukari. That's really another touching scene. But I totally support Yukari and will make the same decision to pursue modelling career if I were her. It's hard to leave with George when she just got the chance to get started as a pro model. It definitely seems to me that it's very much a realistic choice and George is probably just someone who guides her thinking about what she really wants to do with her life, since he's all talk about it. It's just sad that he doesn't seem to be wanting her to be by his side cos he only mentioned that 'You made the right choice' when Yukari said she can't go with him.

But can't he contact Yukari or fly back to Japan during his break to visit Yukari at all?? Then it fast forward to 10 years later and Yukari ended up marrying another man. This just means there isn't anything going between them for the entire period of 10 years? SO mean!! I can't help but to think that he didn't love Yukari, but only like her...although he might treat her as a special person to leave all his dresses for her. But he's not doing quite right imo. Don't you miss Yukari at all, even a bit? How can you not even care about doing anything as a man. How is it that there is no single action from you ever since that day? Not even a letter? WHAT IS THIS! It doesn't have to be this way! Being in 2 different countries doesn't mean you have to get separated from another person forever!! ⋋_⋌

Perhaps the ending will be better if after a few years later, after both of them fulfilled their dreams and they're back together again. AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MOVIE VERSION! Lol.. same as my thoughts. The movie is definitely better and that they didn't portray George as that much of a jerk like the anime, and the actor didn't seem that scary. Haha. Anyway, it will also be more complete if they were to mention the lives of the other characters too, like Miwako and Hiroyuki. 

It's still a great masterpiece to watch. =)


One week of anime plus movie entertainment. And it made me think so much. (≧▽≦)

Bye bye first love, if that was it's ultimate aim. lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment