Popular Posts

Sunday, October 06, 2013

My skincare/cosmetics purchases ~August '13

What a late post once more. lol.  Been loving doing some shopping little by little over the month and here is what I've got!


I've gotten a few items from Daiso cos for the fact that it's cheap, it's kinda worth to try isn't it? haha. I got the eyebrow stencil, black eyebrow pencil, blusher and an hour glass from there! haha.

✿ I thought I might need a guide in drawing my brows since I'm still like a beginner. And there is even a little instruction paper included inside. However, the template was too big an eyebrow! lol. I think I wouldn't really need it in the end? Anyway, I've got a new eyebrow pencil cos the previous one actually spoilt! I can't retract it out. [and it's actually from Daiso too. ( -_-)]  Ugh. And so I need to get a new one and draw only the ends of my brows. Black is indeed a little to harsh if were to draw it thick. But I have quite a lot of brow hairs except at the ends so I think it would be it would be appropriate to just draw the ends. =)

✿ I've also gotten a blusher cos I've never used one before, and that I thought it would be nice to look as if I have a healthy glow. haha. I don't know if this does mattered at all actually. Cos whenever I look at a person's face I will just see it as a whole. I think I would look at the skin in general, whether is it looking smooth without any zits, then on to the eye makeup. I wouldn't have noticed any pink glow on the cheeks! lol. Anyway, this pink blusher isn't really that pink so it isn't very obvious on me though. Well, probably this is a good start. haha.

✿ I've gotten the hourglass too since I remembered reading a magazine [Is it Cawaii or Popteen?] that you should apply each skincare product at an interval of 3mins. The time for the sand of the hourglass to move to the other end is exactly 3mins, so this is just great for me to know when I can apply the next product!! Rather than looking at the time. It's hard to count and look at the clock. lol. This is indeed useful!

✿ I've mentioned before that the Forever21 lip gloss has such a strong fragrance that I don't dare to use it. lol. Yeah, so I'm just leaving it in my cosmetic pouch and so I won't know how good or bad this product is. xD

✿ I bought the elf eye primer cos I was concerned about my eyeshadow creases at the end of the day. =( And of cos due to watching makeup tutorials that was featuring this brand too. But in sg it wasn't that cheap at $9.90 right? Although this one comes with the liner sealer which is not the one I want at first. In fact it was quite surprising. Cos in the end I like the liner sealer, not the eye primer. lol. The liner sealer is really much better as it allows me to use eyeshadow as a liquid liner~!! I don't use my pencil eyeliner that often cos it actually made a line at my upper eyelid after some time..argh at the problem of having oily eyelid/skin!! I'm really vexed at this but the liner sealer really lets the colour stays on. Pretty good since I like my brown eyeshadow and I can use it as a eyeliner. Way better than my pencil eyeliner. lol.
The eye primer is more like crayon type, so I guess it doesn't work as good as the liquid one that I wanna get actually but wasn't selling at the time when I wanna buy. I just don't get why my eyeshadow creases even more after using this primer as a base rather than using the eyeshadow alone. It does make the eyeshadow colour more prominent but the creasing part just irritates me! Why why why must this happen to me. (,_,) Anyway, I also don't get why other brands don't create an eyeshadow primer product. Is it really not that important afterall? So far I only know elf is selling this. And CANMAKE has eyeshadow base, but I suppose base and primer has some difference. Ar...when will there be a suitable product for me???

✿ I got 2 eyeshadow colours from essence and I'm really glad I bought them cos they are so pigmented!! The most pigmented eyeshadow I ever used! It's cheap and pretty.  (^-^)  But it would be good if their palette has pretty colours. The individual eyeshadows colours are better than the palette ones. Otherwise I would have bought it too.

Bird nest facial essence is for my whitening~! I thought it would be good to try this. Although I've already put my focus on whitening on masks instead. haha It's pretty good to use so far, just that there was once where I thought the product smell turned off! But then when I opened to use the next time it didn't smell that bad when I first thought it was. So probably something wrong with my nose at that time? lol. Actually I'm quite afraid when this happens. Cos in the past I once used an eye roller for dark circles for a few times and then I realised the smell really turned awful!! I can't believe it! Isn't it supposed to be anti-bacterial? I have a very sensitive nose and so I really can't tolerate the smell nor dare to use it anymore. It's one of my regret purchase and it's really a pity since I've only used it for a few times. (T_T) But then I won't know if a product will turn bad or not only until I've used it for some time so this really irks me. Argh but what else can I do?

Pomegranate eye cream~! So far, I guess it sort of helps a little for my eyebags and lines? I'm really bad at looking at the changes in my skin. lol. It has antioxidant properties so it's supposed to be able to brighten your eyes. It's pretty nice so far and yeah I'd rather use this squeeze-type of product than the eye roller as I'm pretty sure this one the smell will not turn bad. =)

Nivea Hydrocare lip conditioner~. I can say this one is the best one that I've used so far cos it really hydrates my lips! Now I really don't care about the colour anymore. I really need something hydrating for my lips. In fact I took a long time to decide which lip conditioner to buy. lol. Nivea really has a wide range to choose from, not that I've set my mind to buy this brand. haha. I thought of getting an organic one but I'm not sure if it's as moisturizing as the one I used to bought many years ago. I really struggled a lot at this.  (≧▽≦) But I'm certainly glad that I found a product that finally suits me and satisfy me too. haha. This one is really worth.

That's all, I haven't been shopping much in September. Hopefully I will get more new stuffs till the end of this year~! I'm already starting to think of Christmas. lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment