Popular Posts

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Anime: Death parade デス・パレード

I actually felt a bit off that I wasn't catching up on any anime for the past month. I feel something was missing in my life! Can't believe this when I thought I should stop since I haven't got the time. And I didn't think it would be that bad. But then again, watching them made me feel good cos I was looking forward to something, especially wondering how the story goes. And so, my life continues to be a tiring thing again. lol. Juggling with work, study and such useless entertainment. ( ´∵`)

Somebody should really stop me. (-_-)


Death parade デス・パレード [12 episodes] → I like the story concept. That the Arbiters have to pass a judgement on where the souls of the dead of 2 persons should be sent to after they played a game. It's interesting to see the dark side of humans, and I agree with what Nona is doing by creating extreme conditions to see their reactions and upon having their memories back. Well, I'm equally hating the way humans are, even though I'm also one. >_<

Probably I'm just someone quite into death-themed, afterall. (。-_-。) 



A cat just has to appear in the anime I'm watching. xD


Decim has been repeating this sentence of his quite a few times throughout the anime. Well that's cos he is a dummy and didn't get to live the life of a human I guess. I kinda pity him though, how was he able to judge when he doesn't understand humans well? But of course on one hand, if he knows, he'll probably let his emotions swayed and ended up making the wrong judgement. That's just how contradicting it is, cos he was in fact the only arbiter that has got human emotions injected in him [Nona did it on purpose] and that's when he felt what sorrow is, which is indeed painful...


It's really a very tearful anime, especially when he and Chiyuki cried. It made me so sad too. There are times where he grabbed his chest, I was wondering why he had that action, later to realized that he was actually experiencing a heartache, and something that he got fumbled upon when he realized what that is. 

I'm also touched when Chiyuki doesn't want to be selfish to return back to her life cos she feel that there are many others who want to continue living and she just can't bring herself to let anyone lose his life in exchange for hers. It's not just her but also some others that made me feel a little angry for them to commit suicide over small matters that they shouldn't have, in which after they realized that when they're already dead, they regretted their decision and wonder why did they chose death. (-_-)

Anyway she does have a good ending of being reincarnated. It was at the last episode that I realised the heads on top of the elevator represent whether the souls will be sent for reincarnation or banished into the void. So getting that white head is better than the devil head. Cos the void is really a scary place. (,_,)



The last touching part is where Decim keeps Chiyuki's dummy with him for his future judgement of other souls. Kinda scary though. haha. But I was also wondering what made Chiyuki so special to him... Did he like her in any bit? Is that the case? Is it just cos she was different from the rest where she knows she's dead but she can't recall why. Because I can't find anything special in her. lol.

The ending is pretty okay, nothing good or bad though. But I had to tear quite a bit since there are many sad stories behind the people who are dead.

Anyway, I'm quite impressed with the rules that have been repeated quite a few times in this anime too. Let me get them down here:

One: Arbiters cannot quit making judgements, for that is the reason why they exist.
Two: Arbiters cannot experience death, for that would bring them too close to being human.
Three: Arbiters cannot feel emotions, for they are dummies.
Four: Arbiters may not work hand in hand with life for that will ruin them.

I don't understand the fourth one though, and that was only mentioned at the last episode.. And I just think this is kinda complicated to me, that they existed but they're not considered as being alive and living? Just cos they can't experience death. But they have consciousness, they have to see and judge things, why say that they aren't living? Arbiters have a life too!! What's with the way how they define life as. lol.. too complicated for me to handle.


The thing that I get from this anime, is on wondering about how after-life is. How does the other world look like.....

No comments:

Post a Comment