Popular Posts

Monday, October 17, 2016

My day at musical box museum

This happened 2 weeks back but somehow I'm almost forgetting the details of it. lol.

I had a really enjoyable time out that day with my dear friend cos this was an unexpected find. We weren't intending to go for this cos initially I even thought the temple was being converted into a cafe and museum out of nowhere? Glad that the person-in-charge saw us and introduced the tour to us and told us quite a lot of stories. All that ancient music is pleasing to my ears. It's absolutely cool to be seeing antiques of centuries old before my eyes in such good condition. Although there are a few that cannot be played anymore. But looking and listening at each of them do made me appreciate musical boxes more. ╰(*´︶`*)╯



When their works got better and they can make a list of 8 songs in one musical box. It's how the cylinder moves a bit to the right [if I'm not wrong] and ta-da! the next song is playing. But of course, just that you can't choose which song you want. It can only be played in the order listed.




All the different cylinders with the spikes....How did people back then have such a talent to create them!! (>0<)/

Some looks like a grandfather clock to me.








And lastly, they also have the gramophone that can even do recording! That's how HMV came about. [Sadly, the music cd store is no longer here anymore.]

Realised I couldn't write much for the other pictures since I couldn't remember what the each of them are. lol. Let me just include my videos here for memories sake. Hehe.










I know I could have filmed more videos or even at every single one that was played but it's kinda tiring. Besides I wanna appreciate the thing itself by focusing on it when I was there. Well, they're all awesome anyway. I hope they'll still remain there for as long as they could. I heard it was just opened at the start of this year. I wonder could they be able to sustain since they're not some profit organisation. I like that they also sell musical boxes but that's more like a gift I would get for someone rather than myself. So....I hope I have a chance to go back there again and maybe buy one? I already have muscial boxes with me since I was a kid. Not that I play them often though. haha. But I do hope until now there will be more people who appreciate such relaxing music as well.

I love my Saturdays~!

No comments:

Post a Comment