Popular Posts

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Puffy Lower eyelid makeup

I'm glad Michelle phan is finally talking about it in her video just last month !! But somehow it came a little late isn't it? haha.




I've always wondered what's it called in English cos I've already seen this look last year in my Popteen magazine. So I went to dig out my magazine talking about that look and to realize that it was Jan 2012 issue!! So it's been a year already! I wonder when this look got started and become so fashionable in Japan?



Okay, so now I know it's also called as Aegyo Sal. But that's a Korean name for it. What is it in Japanese btw? I don't even get the name in Chinese in my Popteen tw version. lol.
#Edit: I just found out it's called namida bukuro. And probably cos of AKB's Itano Tomomi that this trend come about in Japan. Okay...

Anyway, even posted this picture up in AHS last year:


At that point of time, no one can answer my question. lol. There are people who love this look although there are people like me who doesn't like this look cos it made us look as if we have eyebags and look too tired. I really can't see it as bigger eyes although there is a comparison up there showing us the effect of this makeup. I've seen many ways of getting that look in the Popteen magazine and basically it uses highlighter and brown eyeshadow to create the shadow. To me I think it's quite a hassle cos it's an additional eye makeup step that u have to do!! I think the usual simple makeup look takes quite some time already. I know for makeup experts, it would be okay for them. But I'm someone who likes to apply my makeup slowly to make sure I'm doing right. So... to me this I don't approve!! haha. I don't see it as cute tbh. And definitely not following just cos many Korean stars have this look. (¬_¬)

It's quite irony too cos Michelle phan keep mentioning she doesn't wanna look too tired/sleepy but yet she showed us this makeup tutorial. But of cos I'm glad to see her doing this so I know what's it called at least. =D I'm pretty sure all along, her usual makeup she would not be doing this at all! I've never seen her doing makeup with this puffy eyelid on except for this ONE tutorial. So there u go, not that Michelle likes it too right? haha.

Well, among all the makeup gurus, I'm still loving her the most!! The first makeup tutorial I ever watched is Michelle's anyway, years ago. And she made me got so into it! I love how she does voice-overs and clearly show some tips. She did tons of videos and now I think it's kinda impossible for me to watch finish all. I can't remember which I've watched or not. lol. But of cos I'm already keeping up with her latest videos and more or less I can remember some now.

Does this made me a Michelle phan fan already? haha.
Oh yes, one thing I hope she does quick : Introduce CC creams!! or DD creams!! I saw her tweet mentioning about it already but when are u gonna do a tutorial or a review about it soon, Michelle? I would love to see u mentioning about it!! Cos I think I love u so much now that I wanna see u talking about it. (⌒▽⌒)

No comments:

Post a Comment