Popular Posts

Monday, January 04, 2016

never stop learning...

There's like hundred and ten thousands things in my to-do list. (ノ ○ Д ○)ノ 


I was flipping through my books the other day when I was cleaning up my stuffs, I found this English assessment book dated 11 years ago that was still so new and not even a single ink was written on any page at all. (._.)

Schools are annoying for such reason where they made us buy the books and not using them in the lessons at all. There I felt it was kinda wasted so I kept it in the shelves year after year and didn't even look at them closely. lol.

Now I felt the need to be back at learning and improving my English once more. (;´Д`)

That's sad that once we left school, we'll stop learning stuffs cos we're so immersed with work. Either that our standard remains or falls. Reading constantly will probably help, but it goes along with writing. I'm glad I make myself blog and write constantly because it's something I love to do. If not, I think my English can get worse. lol.


Of course I understand most of the words here already, but there are some words that I haven't come across like scaremongering. It's totally new to me! How I miss those days where I used to be a walking dictionary! Well, my English is not very good in school it's usually Bs but sometimes I can get As. My friend keeps asking me about English words and stuff during class and in my tertiary education, I'm the one who has the best grade among my friends so I ended up as the checker for all our reports. And I remember there was once a group work where I got a better grade than my other group of friends with just 3 persons while there's just 2 persons in my group including me. All of them thinks it's due to my English. lol. I do felt honoured but at the same time honestly I don't think it's awesome. There's so many words that I still don't know of! My sentence structure now is probably crap since I don't have to write properly for a blog. I can write in a way that I want without feeling stressful. But I'll also probably have grammar mistakes at times without realising. Yet there won't be anyone to correct me. haha.

Well well. At least, it's always good to learn new words. And it'll help with my lyric writing too. I used to be poor at describing things cos I lack the vocabulary and thoughts to describe a scene. Which is why I have been choosing to write argumentative essays than narrative ones in school. It was quite a boring thing come to look at it. Now that I wanna write stories it seemed to be a difficult thing to me. It just doesn't come out of me naturally! I wonder is it cos my mind has already be fixed at it. But at least I can describe better with lyrics. I hope to say this is one improvement I have that I grow through the years. Not that bad right? Ooh yeah, and I guess a huge part has got to do with me not liking to read back then. Honestly, I don't read story books that much. I hate cos I can't finish a book rightaway and have to read chapter by chapter in which I'll definitely forget the scene that was happening. How am I to recall again? lol. And I chose to read self help books which are more direct and useful to my life so I have tons of them in my shelves. So there is no way I can get myself better at writing in a sense. (。•́︿•̀。)

Hmm... so now, all I'm left to do is probably learn bit by bit and continue what I do best. Story writing that I would like to?? I might have to try harder than I think. Not a priority but worth a shot. Let's see how it goes!


Maybe what I should do is to start reading again...

2 comments:

  1. scaremongering, huh? no one uses that word, ever. :P guess youll be the first to use it so much it becomes popular lol. Hey i think your English is good, not perfect but I'm just used to you talking like that haha. Also if you really want to improve, ill tell you what mistakes you make it if you want..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol if I can ever get a word to be popular. xD Haha thanks for the compliment! Maybe cos you read my stuffs often so you're fine with my way of expression. And great if you can correct me as well! I'll be really happy that I can get better. ^_^

      Delete