Popular Posts

Friday, August 03, 2012

Lip care

My lips dry and cracked sometimes, which is very irritating. So I have to use a lip conditioner every now and then. It's really kinda stupid of me back then when I keep experiencing the dryness of my lips and yet I didn't know what to do about it until I read a skincare book. Alrights, so most of the things that happened to me is cos of me not doing anything about it in the first place. lol.

I'm using this vaseline now. I have been very much concern about the ingredients present in lip conditioners. Some of them are scary, they really contain lots of colouring etc. I wouldn't wanna use a product overloaded with too many unnecessary stuff. Anyway, this lip therapy is kinda good. And nice fragrant. =)


I've wanted to continue using the organic grape lip conditioner I was using all along for the past 1 year+ but it  isn't selling anymore!! Why??!! T_T
I wonder why until now I'm still unable to finish using it. lol. [Then what about my SHINee lip balm then?] O_O argh. What fumes me is that I could have bought this vaseline at another shop where most of its goods are quite cheap instead of buying at the shopping mall. Ok, lesson learnt. haha.


Time for some good info~ [Translated from a skincare book.]:

Don't/Avoid
✿ Things that irritate your lips are mint [mouthwash], lip gloss, foods like mango, Nattō etc. 
✿ Licking your lips, rubbing or smoking will worsen the dryness
✿ Makeup remover specifically for the lips are more powerful and hence more irritation to the lips. 
To remove strong long-lasting lipstick, use olive oil first to remove and then use normal makeup remover

Do
✿ Moisture your lips well using vaseline. Apply before sleep.
✿ Apply lipstick for protection against UV rays as sunlight can make lips dry and cause wrinkles.
✿ Consume Vitamin A, B2, B6 as they help to prevent chapped lip. Ensure you have enough sleep and oral hygiene.
✿ Best to choose lip conditioner with the least ingredients. No special ingredients added, no flavourings. The more the ingredients, the more it'll cause sensitivity to your lips. 
✿ Long-lasting lipstick [less oil content] cause burden on skin [lips]. Those with flavourings or SPF included cause more irritation.
✿ Lips will look darker as you aged. UV rays or smoking can cause poor blood circulation, therefore looking darker.


Seriously, I dun really know what's the good use lipstick besides giving ur lips the colour. I've used it before just once and it's enough to make me stop using it cos it makes my lips even drier. Since it has no beneficial properties to my lips [skin], I can't be bothered to use it anymore. I rather use lip conditioner and I won't use the one with colour anymore. Is having a lip colour that important anyway?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment