Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sunblock

Have been reading about whitening and sunblock in VOCE magazine so I'm also itching to buy a sunblock. haha. I have not been wanting to use sunblock since I think BB cream has so many properties, and have SPF/PA+ as well as being a foundation. And also be it BB creams or sunblock, u have to remove it with a makeup remover! So I think buying sunblock would be sort of a waste. But then, BB creams sometimes feel too thick and oily. I dun really like but I will still use BB cream as the base before my powder foundation. I feel this is okay. But recently I dun really like using BB cream alone only. I think it's better to use with powder foundation after that so that my skin won't be so oily. =)


Bought this sunblock since I think it's not necessary to put on makeup while overseas and the environment is really dirty!! I've became so concern of protecting my skin against the sun as the tone of my face is so dark compared to my hands. T_T I'm so regretful of not protecting my skin more back then when I was a student.  So right now I have to keep trying to whiten my face and also to protect it!!

I love this sunblock cos there's some that really smells so chemical and have oily texture. This one was good as it's a water base [which is better for oily skin], not sticky and has a nice fragrance. This can be applied on the face and body. =) I'm glad I bought the right one cos I'm so worried it's hard to find. Except that I only saw this SPF 30 and no higher ones. O_O

Now, some info to present: [Translated from a magazine]
✿ UV-A causes the biggest harm  on the skin as it can penetrate through glass. It is the main cause of wrinkles and ageing. It will always be present. Therefore should use products with PA+++. Should apply sunblock no matter what season.

✿ Need not apply sunblock when at home or indoors although UV-A may be present. So long as you do not stay near the windows the entire day, it is not necessary to apply.

✿ SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor against UV-B. SPF products help to reduce redness.

✿ PA stands for Protection Grade of UV-A.

✿ Our skin produces black spots to protect itself (naturally) against UV rays harm. If expose too much to UV rays, there may be serious skin condition that will occur.

✿ Consume Vitamin C [water-soluble] and E [fat-soluble] as they can suppress black spots.

✿ Areas that are likely to expose more to sunlight will easily have black spots appearing → Cheek, nose, temple, lips, shoulder and back.

✿ Apply sunblock 20 mins before you go outdoors.

✿ Need to reapply every 2 hours.

✿ Use those with anti-oxidants which will be more effective.

✿ Should emphasize on areas more exposed to the sun  → neck, nose.

✿ Products to choose: Indoors → SPF 20, Outdoors → SPF 30-40, Outdoor activities → SPF 50

No comments:

Post a Comment