Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My short stories 01 - Uneasiness

Have been contemplating for a while on whether to post this short story of mine.

It wasn't anything special, but I feel that I have stories to tell... It might not be interesting, but I guess I could write something since I really wanna be a writer somehow. =D

And this I had wrote it in January, it started because I was into reading Isshi's stories. I feel I could do the same too. I wanna let this to keep me going too. Yeah, I won't ever stop pursuing my interest then on. (⌒ー⌒)


I wonder if anyone will like it? But for a start, this will be something from me that I'm gonna publish for the first time. I hope it's a good attempt. Boring it may be, but at least I did something right? Haha. Short stories seem quite fun after I had read Isshi's works. It made me feel it's easier to present something in a short and direct manner. For now, I guess it is easy to write about personal experiences. I hope this will also made me expand into writing fiction perhaps? And not just lyric writing. Oh yeah, this just reminded me to post my lyric work soon. lol.

So, please read if you would like to:

~~~~~
The ghostly encounter I had back in 2002.

It was an annual activity organized by our seniors. We went to a chalet at Sentosa for a 3 day-2 night stay.

We had activities during the day time, but there's also some free time left for us to rest. I remembered I was feeling kind of bored, and so I went with this friend of mine to the playground below, right in front of the chalet that we were staying. It was a sunny day. There isn't any wind at all, and so we chose to play the swing. But the air was so still that despite swinging, it's really too hot to bear with such a weather. Soon enough, we gave up and went back to chalet instead.

When it's night time, we've got nothing much to do again. One of our seniors joined me and my friend down to the playground for a chat. And since there's only 2 swings, me and friend occupied the same swing just like day time.

I was facing the other side at first, but it was completely dark with the bushes which seemed scary. I supposed there were some abandoned empty houses there too. Hence I think it's better for me to turn around facing the chalet. There, the air was really still just like day time too. Not a pleasant weather after all. I swung as usual, but something feels not right. There's actually wind coming and pushing me forward only when I swung. And I can actually swung a further distance even when I used the same amount of strength. It just was not quite possible.

'Hmm...this cannot be!' I thought to myself.

And so, I swung again, (wind blows) and stop.
Swung again, (wind blows) and stop.

I did it a few times while looking back at the dark bushes behind me, it really is strange. I thought I would feel some creepiness, but I didn't. I didn't have goosebumps at all too. Isn't this just too strange?

'Just why is it so windy only when I'm swinging?'

I know I was silly that I kept doing that to confirm that it was not my imagination, and that it must be those invisible things trying to play with the swing too. But I just don't wanna jump to conclusion too soon. While I'm doing so, my friend at the other swing was having so much fun – she swung up so high almost to the edge that I was worried that she could fall off! She even stand on the swing! I was really stunned since it's something that she can never do during day time. I watched her with uneasiness, but I didn't dare to say it at the point of time that it must be the ghosts' doings. So I left the swing, feeling that I had enough of this. My senior went to sit on it, but she didn't really swing much. And so I decided to be the one standing and chatting with them instead. While I see her swinging so high up that she'll hit me hard if I walked over...

Some time later when we're back to Singapore island, we were having a chat over the phone in our own home. Somehow it occurred to me that I should asked her about the incident.

Don't you feel strange that you could swing so high up only at night?
Yeah, I know it must be those things. I could have guessed it too. But it was so fun! I have never swing so high before, so I'll just carry on playing. Haha.

Somehow I couldn't believe what I'm hearing. Yes, I was impressed with her bravery, for I could not pretend nothing is around and carry on having fun, although it's uneasiness but not creepiness. And even though they didn't harm us. Even though I couldn't see them nor really feel them...

Maybe it's just my feelings that I don't wanna ignore.

-End-
~~~~~
I would never want to swing at night again.  (≧ロ≦)

And this story is really short. lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment