Popular Posts

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ayu's Party Queen album

Gonna post my review for Party Queen~!


Bought at HMV which is the HK version. Not bad since I would really rather get HK or TW version with better Chinese translation sheet. but it wasn't that fantastic, just a piece of thick white paper and I realised there is a bit of mistake. Lol. Anyway, as I have said before, I don't like the covers and until now! The design isn't what I like or desired to be. And the stamp '13th album' does seem a bit too unnecessary! There's a page where Ayu put her leg on the table, I think it really look unglamourous and that the mirror reflected the staff members there taking pictures of her. Don't this look awkward at all?? The booklet pictures feature somewhat of a home but MY STORY pictures were far off better!!! I know I'm kinda picky  where I think at the first page of the booklet should include the title of the album, not just only the whole tracklist. Yes, I noticed that!!
Party Queen didn't look that classy at all. Just Ayu skimpily dressed and all alone. In fact, it will be better if Ayu appear in different fashionable clothes. Oh, and there's Timmy there too. Really, I thought this whole pictures look awkward to me. I don't know what others will think...

Party Queen album
01. Party queen 
02. *NaNaNa
03. *Shake It♥
04. taskebab
05. call
06. Letter
07. reminds me
08. *Return Road
09. Tell me why
10. A cup of tea
11. The next LOVE
12. Eyes, Smoke, Magic
13. Serenade in A minor
14. *how beautiful you are

Party Queen keeps playing in my head all this time! It should have a pv in the first place! I do think theme song for album should have a pv!! haha. In fact I rather Party Queen be made into pv than Shake It♥. It should feature Ayu partying around, drinking and singing 'I'm the Party Queen♪' happily. That will be such a nice scene!! Pretty cool to know that Timmy is the composer for this song! It's a cool happy song~

NaNaNa is my top favourite!! The pv is the best made in this album cos of the effects! It's where I know what a lady bug recorder is! Such an amazing camera that can take 360 degree shot!! Ayu dances a bit which is not bad, but they could have better scenes rather than just dancing around. This song feels more like Ayu featuring Timmy cos he sang quite a lot!! It's more like both their song! hahaha. A bit too much English in this song.

The song Shake It♥ itself isn't really that nice. Yet it's BOUNCEBACK's composition. Kinda disappointed though. And the pv is also kinda boring. It's funny to see Ayu shaking her booty. lol. And Ayu looks kinda awkward trying to be drunk and opening doors for her 'friends'. It's really a song where I would skip in my mp3. lol.

taskebab is quite a long interlude but sounds cool. I kinda like it.

call seems like an uplifting song but it's okay to me. I dun know why but I just dun like the background vocals that goes 'yeah' and 'wo'. So can I say Ayu is just going sentimental in this song? I can't have any impression of this song. lol.

I love Letter the first time I hear this. Probably cos of the guitar at the beginning. It's a heartwarming song can I say that? Well I guess I like this song mainly cos of the guitar tones. haha.

I love the beginning of reminds me as I feel the same as what Ayu says in the lyrics. The whole of the lyrics is exactly how I feel too. I think it's so far the only song where I prefer the lyrics to the song. lol. I dun like the chorus part and where she goes 'lalala', although Ayu is showing her emotions quite powerful in singing. Somehow if I can be a composer, I think I will mostl probably edit this song in my way. hahaa. I only love the very beginning and the very end of the song.

Can't help but to think that Return Road pv is about the separation of Ayu and Mannie, especially the photo at the last scene. From the white gown in Virgin Road to black gown here, I don't see why wouldn't anyone think that there must be some sort of relation although Ayu says there is not. It's so hard to believe! lol. This pv can be quite boring too. The song gives some sort of familiar tone since this composer was DAI! Well, but I'm not that impressed with this work of his. Anyway, the way Ayu wrote in this song feels so much like she's indirectly telling us about her relationship with Mannie being looked as ridiculous or missunderstood. Ok, maybe she doesn't mean that or referring to their relationship. But it DOES seem so!! I dun know why I'm not happy with this song. Maybe cos I dun like Mannie anymore. I dun think he feels the same way as Ayu. It's just disappointing. =(

I love Tell me why the first time I hear it! It touched my heart, but it's actually a cover song. Even though I dun like to see Ayu doing covers but she can turn the song way better than the original. Anyway, this song seems as if Ayu is talking to someone. A rather sad song.

A cup of tea is a pretty cool CMJK's work. Not that I like it but it really sounds like a potential remix song. I'm glad it's a short interlude. haha.

The next LOVE is such a jazz song that surprised me cos Ayu hasn't been doing any jazz before. [So is Timmy into jazz?] Somehow the way that Ayu writes seems to really reflect the real her. I remember Ayu once said that she still thinks that she's a child. I wonder too if she feels that she has became an adult in her heart? I'm also feeling I'm not really an adult since I'm not independent yet. I do feel the same as her. Well, actually I dun really like how the song ends after the 2nd chorus but overall I love this song. It's really fresh to hear this genre from Ayu.

Eyes, Smoke, Magic seems like a strange song to me. I feel like as if there's a magician performing magic when I first hear it. lol. Even the lyrics are kinda wacky. It's kinda cool anyway. I would love to sing it, although the lyrics are kinda short. haha. It seems that Timmy's works are pretty good in this album!! Ayu pick this composer right!

I love the violin in Serenade in A minor. Ayu should have more of this interludes. Although it might seem pretty strange to have classical sounds in her pop albums. haha.

how beautiful you are is the most touching song especially the pv! I don't know why but I can tear when I listen to this song! The black and white reminds me of HEAVEN, the same sort of touching songs. Both songs are really good at making me cry. Honestly, Ayu is really good at such ballads. My my, I'm amazed at Timmy who composed this song too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment