Popular Posts

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Get organised and tidy!

I remembered reading cheesie's post on her KonMari wardrobe makeover last month but I wasn't into it until a friend told me how this helped her with tidying her clothes. It seemed good since my friend recommended to me while I recalled cheesie's post on how neat her closet is so I thought I should give this a try too! And that was when I chanced upon Lavendaire's video~




I love the question "Does this spark joy?" when I hold the item and decide whether to keep or discard it. I guess it's very much a straightforward question that I'm asking myself cos I will think whether I'll look back at this item again, whether I'll use it, and how much it mattered to me [the value of it]. It also made me able to decide better on not just whether to keep them or not, but also whether is it worth for the items to be in my hands. I have to learn to get the items into good use if not it'll be a waste of its life. If I don't need it anymore, it's better to let them go...╰(*´︶`*)╯

Doing by category is really such a right way!!  It makes me focused on just one thing at a time. I started with clothes and folded them the way that she taught and it was great!! It really free up so much space and it's so much easier to decide which to wear when it's all in a glance! And then I did the papers, Mementos and the last I'll probably do my books cos there's quite a lot for me to go through later. I've learned to let go of things [especially of Ayu] so the part on Mementos wasn't that hard for me. Yeah right, I've made the decision to give away all my Ayu collection! How cool is that. I can't believe for a moment but I feel I've very much grown up already. I don't feel a thing and not sad or whatsoever. Since the love for her diminished over the years and it's not a rash decision that I made. So I won't regret. I'm very sure of what I'm doing now. haha. (^o^)

What else I have been doing is to designate a place for the things and let it be their 'home'. This allows me to find them easily and I will know if anyone has touched my things lol.  

I've also bought a new bookshelf which even made my room space seemed bigger. lol. That's also a lot about the things you get that has the visual effect! I love this new shelf that made me able to put more books before me! I'm still on my way to clear the papers and arrange them on the shelf so it's still not ready yet. haha.

Alrights, let me show some pictures now: 


I have these 2 notepads for more than 15 years!! Haha I'm so capable of keeping things in such a good condition. xD But then the papers turned yellow and old and I wasn't into those anymore. I remembered getting that Hello Kitty notepad for myself as a present and it costs 6 bucks back then. Since I was a kid, I don't really have any idea of how expensive an item is so I didn't think it was bad to buy it. Yeah I must be crazy. I bought but I can't bear to use it at all. Luckily I wasn't the type to spend money for no reason. I pretty much have self control so I don't have a lot of such items lol. The one on the right was a gift from teacher for having good grades in class. That I can't bear to use it at all too. (≧▽≦)


Oops this was a mistake. A friend was telling me how this allows her to destress and she can made this in 2 or 3 hours, so she recommended me to do this too from Daiso. I kept this for years already and still not having the mood to do so at all! How does this sew kit helps me to destress? When I still have to follow the instructions and doing it right. Nooooo this isn't my kind. Compared to this, I'll rather do my coloring which is way easier than having to think. So... there you go, discard!! 



This mini drawer is something I've discovered from opening up one of my monthly manga freebies years ago! lol. Initially I thought it was just an ordinary box until I realised there's a hole which seemed to be....a drawer! I didn't know! haha. I haven't put anything in it yet but I still hope it'll be of good use!


Ah, the memories. I was looking at one box of my old collection and recalled I must have posted this before. And indeed. Those 2 necklaces that I've made long ago as a student. I was so into this 'jewellery-making' class back then when we have some sort of special programme that we have to fulfill some points in doing some activities. I actually like such craft works but initially I was the only one in my class who attended this. I was wondering back then why no one wanted to join me, despite me asking my friends. It was only after some time a few of them came along because they couldn't find any other activities class to go to, so in the end I wasn't going there alone. haha. One thing I minded was a ring that I did which probably looks really good but the teacher took it away from me and said that it'll be good for them to use as a sample display. And so I can't get to keep it!! It was something that I'll never forget since I couldn't have a complete set of my own craft collection.  (,_,)


Oh wells, I'm still on my way in clearing more stuffs and explore about minimalism. Life is about having a clear mind and be happy. Don't let things tie you down isn't it?

Sometimes, it's easier said than done. (-_-)

but I'm almost there... so life will be good.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment