Popular Posts

Sunday, August 25, 2013

There, my concern about lipstick.

Just when I was wondering about lipstick contents, the news reported about it just this Mon! (ˆ_ˆ)


Here it says that experts are concern about the metals that will be absorbed in the body when swallowed on a daily basis. It's not just lead, but other metals such as cadmium, cobalt, aluminium, titanium, manganese, and nickel. Lead level just above 1 p.p.m. poses no real or unusual health risk but it tends to accumulate in the body. In fact, no level of lead is really safe. Some metals are absorbed through mucosal tissues in the mouth and people do swallow lipstick, which is why it's reapplied so often. There are even girls who reapplied as often as more than 20 times a day!

Omg, I wouldn't do that so often although I'm not that happy to see my lip colour fading during the day. I usually just reapplied once and not want to bother about it anymore, because I'm really afraid at the fact that I'll tend to swallow it down with the food that I'm eating. So sometimes I even wipe off the lipstick on my lips before I start eating. lol. I know applying lipstick already is exposing myself to some sort of health risk, but still, I want some nice colour on my lips when I'm out. The reason why I'm more concern for lipstick products because I will swallow it down, unlike other cosmetic products which is applied on surface of the skin. I'm sure eating it down to the stomach is more dangerous than external application, right?

I wanna find a high pigmented lipstick but they may carry bigger metallic load because of the contamination in pigments. (︶︹︺)  This made me afraid again. And to add shine to lip gloss, mica which contains lead, manganese, chromium and aluminium is added. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ Oh dear oh dear.. That means those lipstick that is not long lasting is better.


Another thing that is troubling me: what colours to choose from! As seen from the above, there's red, dark pink, light pink, burgundy red, brown and orange. I don't even know which suits me the best although I tend to go for light pink cos I like sweet colours very much!! I thought of trying orange but not everyone is suitable for it just like red ones. I'm not that adventurous to try it out yet. haha.

I think the smell is also another concern. It should not have too chemically smell or too fragrant right. I've got a F21 lip gloss and it has a really strong fragrant! I don't dare to use it at all! So I leave it in my cosmetic pouch it which the whole pouch is filled with the lip gloss smell. haha. Free fragrant perhaps? (・`ω´・)


So, the conclusion? Don't use lipstick? It's like some part of the makeup package is missing. Ar... maybe I'll stick to using lip balm then.  Just why can't there be a lip product that is absolutely safe? \(>o<)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment