Popular Posts

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Thrown away: ViVi Jan 2009 magazine

Clearing my old ViVi mags again. haha. Maybe I'll just throw them all away except for the Ayu part since I don't like ViVi at all. There is really nothing much in ViVi for me to like besides Ayu's interview. Maybe it's just me who likes to see more makeup content than the tons of fashionable clothes with so many Lena appearing. lol. But ViVi is really more for people who loves clothes more. So putting this photo here for memory:


Anyway, there's also few pages of Kuu although I'm not that interested. haha. What caught my eye is the Top 10 Kuu songs voted by 1000 ViVi readers.

01. Ai no Uta
02. you
03. Moon Crying
04. Someday
05. Butterfly, WIND
06. Cutie Honey
07. anytime
08. Koi no tsubomi, Unmei
09. Promise, FREAKY
10. Rain

Seems like her ballads are more popular! I think ballad songs usually is more appealing to most people and give a lasting impression because of the lyrics too. Just like the same for Ayu. It seems that many Japanese love SEASONS, Dearest, JEWEL etc as the popular Ayu songs among them. Ballads do appeal to me too, but I think I'm more into rockish songs. And I think I'm more into Ayu's ballads than other singers. haha. I just listened to this Kuu list above and somehow I don't feel much about them. =|

I just looked at my past post on my favourite Ayu songs in different categories. The one that I'm looking at now is the My Best Ayu classics category. Okay, so more than half are ballad songs. haha. Indeed, I love Ayu's songs so much better all along. haha.



Just got recalled about this page. Cos it was this advertisement about BB cream that made me curious about it. And that's where I'm into BB creams at that time too. Just why can't BB cream be more popular way before that [where all the drugstore brands already have it]!! Then I would have probably taken care of my skin much earlier during my secondary school days. lol.

A little on makeup that I've learnt:


Q&A on makeup base
Qn 1. Which step of face makeup is makeup base in?
Ans: Pre-makeup base → makeup base → liquid foundation/pressed powder → loose powder
The correct steps are like this. If there's sunscreen protection in your makeup base, you can skip the pre-makeup base step and just start with the makeup base.

I'm really surprised now! I didn't know the difference between pre-makeup base and makeup base, although they are quite the same. In chinese 隔离霜 and 饰底乳 [in which is derived from Japanese I think] are 2 different products for the face. In addition, there's also sunscreen where you should also include in your face makeup step. That's so many things to apply on the face! It's really quite a lot like this. No wonder BB creams are more popular now. It's really much better than having to do so many steps for just the face makeup, and not forgot to mention with concealer too! It saves the time and effort and money. lol.

Qn 2. There's many makeup base colours to choose from and so which would be suitable?
Ans: Choose according to your skintone. Yellow ones are most suited for Asian skintone, blue ones can cover dullness, creating a fairer skin and pink ones are suitable for those already with healthy skin or those who want a healthy glow of fair skin.

Qn 3. I'm going out soon and I want to have a healthy look!
Ans: Why not try BB cream which is popular now! Makeup base, pre-makeup base, foundation...An all-in-one BB cream product which is very popular ever since it's out in stores.

Definitely!! Although for me I usually will put on foundation/pressed powder after BB cream cos I want a better coverage. I think it's good enough!! It's like shrinking 5 steps into 1!! How awesome! I wonder is that what Japanese people do by applying so many face makeup products all along before the BB cream was out. That's really quite a lot of trouble to me. There's still eyes, eyebrow, lips, cheek and even contouring that you have to do. Omg. Now it sounds like it'll take an hour to apply everything on, isn't it? haha. I'm just saying... ( ̄ρ ̄)

No comments:

Post a Comment