Popular Posts

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Makeup tips

Some makeup tips from Popteen July 2013 issue that I'm kinda amazed of.

1. Apply lip conditioner on eyelid before applying eyeshadow so that the colour will be brighter and will last longer.
2. Mix BB cream and moisturizer in equal amounts (ratio 1:1) so that it will last longer on the skin too.
3. Spray toner on the eyeshadow palette so that you need not apply an eyeshadow base to make the eyeshadow last longer.
4. Apply Mentholatum lip conditioner on eyelashes to allow it to grow longer.
5. Soak facial cotton with enough toner and put on your lips for 5 mins. This will make your lips moisturized and you need not use lip conditioner the next day.

I'm troubled recently over my eyeshadow colour not long lasting and the colour not appearing obvious enough. Was wondering is it because the eyeshadow that I've bought is just not pigmented enough.
Should I even try out the tips as shown above? lol. But I'm not that daring enough to use my lip conditioner cos mine has a little reddish colour and shimmer. I have tried using my vaseline lip therapy on my hands to test out the eyeshadow on top of it but it feels oily! I wouldn't dare to apply on my eyelids! Anyway, the eyeshadow didn't appear any different. The colour didn't get any brighter/obvious. Even just concealer and BB cream being mixed wouldn't work too. I guess I do need to buy an eyeshadow primer afterall. lol! 

Good grief. But why is it so hard to find? I didn't see any common brands in drugstore selling it! I've spotted Revlon's eyeshadow palette with primer but it was so shiny! Is primer supposed to be like that? Hmm... I'm not sure if I should get it. All I need is primer only. I think have enough eyeshadows now already. And it seems that I can never finish using them. lol. 

Anyway, I've created my own playlist of makeup tips a while ago.



I just realised that most of them are Michelle phan videos. haha!! I've been watching back her old videos and I do find that she teaches really well. The videos I've saved are not exactly tips actually. I put those that I think are really useful and some of the things that I should take note of. I will put those basics and natural, simple makeup there too. I do think I may have to re-watch makeup videos cos even though I know quite a lot now [I think], but I haven't been trying them out exactly! haha.

Maybe I should take a chance to watch and follow at the same time what Michelle phan or Jen is doing in the tutorial. But the one thing I find difficult is the products! I may not be able to get the ones I'm comfortable with and experimenting with different products takes time and money. I am only able to do simple makeup on myself and not dare enough to try different looks. Well well. So much of me wanna be a makeup artist but this is just my interest that seem kinda hard to fulfill this dream. I don't know how should I even start off. Maybe it will continue to just be my little dream. I can't afford to spend so much money on makeup now I'm feeling so vexed. I really wonder how Michelle does it. U know, I'm very amazed at her on-the-go reviews.



I really enjoyed her on-the-go reviews but she didn't do them anymore. =( It's really cool that almost all the products there of different brands Michelle has pretty much tried and used them before already and so she is able to give us her reviews on it. I love that!! It really seems to be a great shopping video to me at the same time. haha. But one thing not that good is that sg doesn't sell that much products nor the same exact type of products as America. I won't be able to buy the exact same product that Michelle recommended. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment