Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Drama Otomen オトメン (乙男)

Watching drama this time cos I happen to come across this series adapted to live drama only instead of anime. Just before this, I was watching Wolf Girl and Black Prince anime and completed the 12 episodes in a matter of 2 days! I was too much into romantic comedy and so I couldn't stop!! But because there isn't much depth in the story so I'll skip posting about it. But anyways, this drama I complete watching it pretty fast too. In about 3 days or so? Except for the last episode I couldn't find it initially so it delayed my time. Well since now I've managed to find and watch it, time for me to post my thoughts! 


I like how the story goes, that this popular guy Asuka who excels at Kendo and looks manly to others, is actually someone who loves girly things. From cooking/baking, sewing cute plushies to reading shoujo manga....But this is a secret and something he doesn't want to reveal to others, and especially his mother, for that he's afraid she'll collapse if she know her son is so much like his father.

And because his father has left them to become a woman, he decided to clear his plushies away for his mother's sake. But look at this lovely room!! It's too cute and comfy for me I want to be in one of those! lol.


This guy is just too talented! For someone to be this good, okay I don't mind him being the popular guy. I mean, I hate typical stories about this popular guy and an ordinary girl that likes him, and how they ended up together.... But this one is good for me. I can accept it since Asuka is not like one of those proud and thinks-he-is-handsome kind. lol. And Ryo being the main female character, can't do any of the girly stuff and so she's just the opposite of Asuka. It's definitely nice to watch how Asuka teaches her with the cooking. He's always been helping her. While I'm just wondering why is the school so nice that you can just go to their kitchen and cook whatever you want when you're free. Why didn't I have the privilege at all? lol. 

The best thing that captures my heart the most is of course the food that Asuka made. It's too cute and lovely to be eaten!


I wonder when can I attain this level. That's what I love Japanese about.. haha.


There are quite a few things I learnt from this drama:
• Pink flowers mean "I love you". White flowers mean "never changing and pure".
• When you finally decide on something,  your motivation rises doesn't it?
• The real recipe is what the person who eats it remembers about the taste, or the person who made it. ^_^
 • And the part on seeing 2 dolphins together with someone means you're fated to be with the person forever!

This drama seems to focus a lot on honesty. Be honest with your feelings. Be honest to yourself. That's what I can conclude.  I'm also simply glad that because of this drama I feel so motivated. There's gonna be more things added to my to-do list plans. I wanna be as skilful as Asuka! How can a guy be so much better in those qualities that a girl should have! There is this thing in me now that I don't wanna lose out! lol. 


Alrights, now let's talk about the ending. I think it ended okay with the both of them running away from those...bodyguards? Somewhat like a typical ending, but still I supposed it was meant to have a good ending so the couple has to run away together. lol.


I don't know is it right of me to think that the ending is just meant for laughs? What's with the kid from the horror episode once again? lol. And for his mother to accept Asuka's decision to be with the person he likes is really quite unexpecting, since her mother has been strongly objecting and making decisions for him all along. It doesn't quite make sense for that part.

And is Ryo so innocent and believed everything that Tachibana said? lol. Unbelievable. (≧ω≦)


This last scene is probably the only thing I like from the episode! Ryo looks really pretty here.


Well then, it's still an enjoyable show. I would love to know a guy like Asuka. Hahaha. v(=^0^=)v


Otomen storyline @ wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment